There are two posts today, so don't miss the Decisions that should make themselves, a post about taking back my life from the four-pronged instrument of destruction, and how your life will benefit by making some simple choices.
Originally, I was planning on doing a weekly round up of this blog, highlighting additional information about previous blog posts. I figured it'd be a way to come up with content at least once a week that I didn't have to think too hard about. But so far, I haven't run out of topics. I have about 15 blogs in process at any given time, and finish them when the topic interests me. I then publish the post, and use Hootsuite to set a schedule for pushing out the promotional posts to Facebook and Twitter. Some of the blogs I also push to LinkedIn. I schedule the release to coincide with the times of day that seem to get the most readers.
I started the blog just for fun. I have opinions and wanted to share them. As I began to write, I realized that I could write on a broad range of topics, and focus on solutions. My intentions for 2011 changed the direction I was taking this blog, and so far am satisfied with the feedback and traffic this site generates.
Business topics
LinkedIn has been a surprisingly good source of traffic, especially business related topics such as the post on performance management. If you are interested in republishing this blog as an article or on another blog, please contact me. I won't charge anything, but would like the professional development units this will generate for meI will eventually submit it for a magazine or two, but have too many other items on my plate right now. I am still noodling on how to increase the value of comments for feedback, which in my opinion is the greatest challenge, and weakest link in the performance management process. Look for a future post on this topic. I have been intrigued by a service named Rypple, where a person can get Twitter-like feedback anonymously from colleagues. We are all on the human journey, and if you aren't working to continuously improve, you are just using oxygen.
Life Planning
In regards to the blog titled Luck would have it, Wired Magazine has a great article about how the scratch off lottery tickets aren't as much about luck, as identifiable patterns. Organized crime (not our government, they already take their share of the money) have identified how to beat the patterns, and use this knowledge to launder money.
Health and Fitness
I was surprised to see how quickly the page views increased on When we sweat diet soda, we should drink diet soda. It is now my second most read blog after only a few days online, trailing Economics - the dismal science, my post about my experience with Junior Achievement. If you are inclined to be part of the solution in our educational system, you should consider volunteering to assist this awesome program.
Resources
Water Wars is still drawing readers, many people love a good conspiracy story, especially ones where governments and corporations collude to take away our rights. This post has a shelf-life, and keeps the traffic coming.
Food (actually, food ignorance) is still a topic I want to dig deeper into. The rising food prices across the globe are driven by many factors, and there are some solutions we must implement to ensure each of us can weather any issues that come up.
My tongue-in-cheek post about DADT generated a very large and fast spike of readers, then dropped to obscurity.
If you are interested in a follow up of a blog, or my brain droppings on a specific topic, please feel free to comment and I will do my best to meet your request.
Originally, I was planning on doing a weekly round up of this blog, highlighting additional information about previous blog posts. I figured it'd be a way to come up with content at least once a week that I didn't have to think too hard about. But so far, I haven't run out of topics. I have about 15 blogs in process at any given time, and finish them when the topic interests me. I then publish the post, and use Hootsuite to set a schedule for pushing out the promotional posts to Facebook and Twitter. Some of the blogs I also push to LinkedIn. I schedule the release to coincide with the times of day that seem to get the most readers.
I started the blog just for fun. I have opinions and wanted to share them. As I began to write, I realized that I could write on a broad range of topics, and focus on solutions. My intentions for 2011 changed the direction I was taking this blog, and so far am satisfied with the feedback and traffic this site generates.
Business topics
LinkedIn has been a surprisingly good source of traffic, especially business related topics such as the post on performance management. If you are interested in republishing this blog as an article or on another blog, please contact me. I won't charge anything, but would like the professional development units this will generate for meI will eventually submit it for a magazine or two, but have too many other items on my plate right now. I am still noodling on how to increase the value of comments for feedback, which in my opinion is the greatest challenge, and weakest link in the performance management process. Look for a future post on this topic. I have been intrigued by a service named Rypple, where a person can get Twitter-like feedback anonymously from colleagues. We are all on the human journey, and if you aren't working to continuously improve, you are just using oxygen.
Life Planning
In regards to the blog titled Luck would have it, Wired Magazine has a great article about how the scratch off lottery tickets aren't as much about luck, as identifiable patterns. Organized crime (not our government, they already take their share of the money) have identified how to beat the patterns, and use this knowledge to launder money.
Health and Fitness
I was surprised to see how quickly the page views increased on When we sweat diet soda, we should drink diet soda. It is now my second most read blog after only a few days online, trailing Economics - the dismal science, my post about my experience with Junior Achievement. If you are inclined to be part of the solution in our educational system, you should consider volunteering to assist this awesome program.
Resources
Water Wars is still drawing readers, many people love a good conspiracy story, especially ones where governments and corporations collude to take away our rights. This post has a shelf-life, and keeps the traffic coming.
Food (actually, food ignorance) is still a topic I want to dig deeper into. The rising food prices across the globe are driven by many factors, and there are some solutions we must implement to ensure each of us can weather any issues that come up.
My tongue-in-cheek post about DADT generated a very large and fast spike of readers, then dropped to obscurity.
If you are interested in a follow up of a blog, or my brain droppings on a specific topic, please feel free to comment and I will do my best to meet your request.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.